Governor Holcomb’s Focus on Career Training & Keeping Businesses Open Safely Earns Endorsement
INDIANAPOLIS – Associated Builders and Contractors of Indiana/Kentucky (ABC) today announced its endorsement of Governor Eric Holcomb for a second term.
The professional construction trade association cited Governor Holcomb’s dedication to keeping construction proceeding safely through the pandemic – and his focus on expanding workforce training options – in its endorsement.
“Governor Holcomb’s leadership has helped Indiana’s construction industry continue to build Indiana’s economy, even through a global pandemic,” said J.R. Gaylor, president of ABC Indiana/Kentucky. “Hoosier construction professionals are working safety on jobs across the state, while job training programs expanded by Governor Holcomb are helping more Hoosiers build the skills for great careers in construction. Governor Holcomb has built the environment for business success, and he’s the right person to keep it going for another four years.”
ABC Indiana/Kentucky is Indiana’s only construction management association dedicated to the merit shop philosophy, which believes in free enterprise for jobs and contracts, and merit pay and promotions for associates. The organization, which has 515 members across the state that employ more than 95,000 Hoosiers, offers construction education and training ranging from dual credit courses for high school students through Vincennes University to on-the-job apprenticeships.
Governor Holcomb is a leader in helping Hoosiers build skills for high-wage, in-demand jobs, including jobs in the construction industry.
- Launching Next Level Jobs:
- Workforce Ready Grants have helped more than 10,000 Hoosiers receive free job training for high-wage, in-demand jobs. Since June, more than 5,500 Hoosiers have used the Workforce Ready Grant to enroll in classes or training.
- Employer Training Grants reimburse employers who train, hire and retrain Hoosiers to fill in-demand positions. Since June, these grants have helped more than 7,300 employees to improve their skills.
- To help Hoosiers impacted by the pandemic, funding, eligibility and programs through Next Level Jobs have been expanded through December with a total of $75 million in CARES Act funding.
- Serving on the Trump Administration American Workforce Policy Advisory Board
- Governor Holcomb is taking Indiana’s proven workforce training strategies to the national stage, where he joins Ivanka Trump and Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross in their work to strengthen the nation’s pipeline of skilled workers.
“Indiana’s economy is gearing back up, and that starts with supporting our job creators and making sure all Hoosiers have opportunities to thrive,” said Governor Holcomb. “ABC Indiana/Kentucky and their members across the state are key partners as we’re stepping on the gas to expand training opportunities and get all Hoosiers into great careers – including in construction.”
With the help of Indiana’s construction companies, in August Indiana’s unemployment rate dropped to 6.4%, which is below the national rate and the rate of all neighboring states.
Indiana Right to Life PAC is the latest group to endorse Governor Holcomb this election cycle. This endorsement follows announcements so far from the Indiana Right to Life PAC, the National Rifle Association-Political Victory Fund, the Indiana State Association of Health Underwriters, the Indiana Fraternal Order of Police, the Indy Chamber, the Indiana Manufacturers Association, the Indiana REALTORS® PAC, the Indiana Professional Firefighters PAC, the Indiana State Building and Construction Trades, the Northwestern Indiana Building and Construction Trades Council, the Indiana Builders Association, the National Federation of Independent Business, the Indiana State Police Alliance, and the Indiana Chamber of Commerce.