Second Straight Endorsement from Small Business Group
INDIANAPOLIS – Governor Eric Holcomb today joined National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) state director Barbara Quandt and members from across the state as the organization announced it is endorsing the Governor’s 2020 reelection bid. This is the second consecutive election where Governor Holcomb has earned the NFIB’s endorsement.
“The governor has supported Indiana small business owners in a way few have done,” said Quandt. “He has been involved in countless initiatives that have been good for small business and good for Indiana. He works hard to see that the small businesses which make up the foundation of this great state have the economic environment they need to grow and prosper. NFIB is proud to endorse Indiana’s great governor, Eric Holcomb.”
The NFIB is a statewide network of more than 12,000 small and independent businesses. Together, these businesses represent nearly every industry and community in Indiana, and employ Hoosiers across the state. The NFIB advocates for policies that help small businesses grow and create more Hoosier jobs – with many positions mirroring Governor Holcomb’s priorities during his time so far in office:
– Signing balanced state budgets with responsible reserves – maintaining Indiana’s AAA credit rating
– Helping more than 10,000 Hoosiers get skilled-up to fill high-wage, in-demand jobs by completing a certificate program tuition-free through Next Level Jobs.
– Expanding access to dual credit programs, internships, Earn and Learn programs and apprenticeships for Hoosiers
– Becoming just the second state in the nation to launch The Last Mile, which gives incarcerated Hoosiers a second chance by providing business and technology training.
– Investing $100 million into expanding broadband infrastructure for unserved communities, which is Indiana’s largest ever single state investment in broadband
– Leading the passage and implementation of Indiana’s fully funded, long-term infrastructure plan, which will fund Indiana’s road construction over the next quarter-century without taking on new debt
– Partnering with communities on local road projects through $612 million in Community Crossings grants
– Working this session to make healthcare costs more transparent by creating an All-Payer Claims Database and to protect consumers from surprise medical bills
Governor Holcomb, who is an NFIB member, is committed to making sure Indiana continues to be a top state for small businesses to grow and create jobs – and making sure Indiana’s progress isn’t reversed.
“Indiana’s economy is running on all cylinders, and that’s because of our small businesses,” said Governor Holcomb. “Entrepreneurs across the state have solidified Indiana’s reputation on the national stage as a top place to start a business, get a great job and support a family. I’m thankful for NFIB’s continued support, and I know together we’ll keep Putting People First and working to foster an environment that empowers our small businesses to do what they do best.”
Indiana’s economy is booming, as the state is currently ranked as a top state nationally for companies and small businesses to grow and succeed. This includes being the top ranked state in the Midwest for entrepreneurship friendliness (SBE Council), the top ranked state in the Midwest for doing business (Chief Executive magazine) and a top 10 state in the nation for business tax climate (Tax Foundation).
The NFIB is the fourth group to endorse Governor Holcomb this election cycle. So far, he has already earned the endorsement of the Indiana State Police Alliance, the Indiana Chamber of Commerce and the Indiana Builders Association.