This week, Governor Eric Holcomb has yet again taken Indiana to the world! As part of his fourth economic development mission to Europe, he’s been meeting with business and government leaders across Belgium, France and Germany, all with one goal – to bring more jobs, investment and opportunity home to Indiana! And as a veteran of the U.S. Navy, Governor Holcomb also paid tribute to those brave men and women who serve our nation…today and yesterday. His trip included:
• Meeting with the leaders of European-based businesses interested in locating operations (and more jobs!) in Indiana
• Hosting roundtables with global businesses that already employ Hoosiers.
• Touring a subsidiary of Indiana-based Hillenbrand in Germany to discuss operations and their global relationships.
• Visiting with and thanking Hoosier servicemen and women at Ramstein Air Base in Germany – HQ for the U.S. Air Force in Europe.
• Touring the Normandy American Cemetery in France to pay respect to the Hoosiers, and all Allied service members, who gave their lives during the Battle of Normandy.
• Meeting with the U.S. Ambassadors to Germany, Belgium, France and NATO to discuss opportunities for Indiana’s relationships to grow with businesses in these countries!
Today, European businesses have more than 450 facilities in Indiana – which employ more than 113,200 Hoosiers. And with trips like this, that number’s only going to keep going up! Learn more about Indiana’s economic ties with Europe here.