We’re here to spread some good news!
This week, many Indiana businesses and organizations are getting back on track by opening their doors to in-person customers for the first time in weeks. Religious services can be held in person, restaurants and retail stores can open at 50% capacity, and personal services like haircuts can resume by appointment.
(You can find more details here — we’re in phase two of Indiana’s measured, data-driven reopening!)
Hoosier small business owners and workers need our support, and this news is some welcome relief. But we need to make sure that we are continuing to follow the best practices issued by the state and your local health department — there’s nothing more important than keeping our loved ones healthy.
If you choose to visit one of these establishments in person, here are some steps you can take to help keep you and your fellow Hoosiers safe:
- Wear a mask – your mask should cover your mouth and your nose. Here are some tips on how to wear a mask and how to make one at home.
- Practice social distancing – whenever possible, maintain a six-foot distance from those around you.
- Use hand sanitizer – bring a bottle of hand sanitizer with you, and use it before and after you touch frequently touched surfaces.
- Wash your hands frequently – sign a song to make sure you’re washing for at least 20 seconds. Might we suggest “Back Home Again in Indiana?”
- Visit during off-hours – it’s easier to social distance when there are fewer people around!
- Prepay or use contactless payment – it’s best to limit the things you need to touch and your payment method can help you avoid unnecessary contact.
- Use curbside pickup or home delivery when possible – it’s still important to limit your time out and about. Curbside pickup and deliveries are great options to support your favorite businesses safely!
- Continue hunkering down at home – if you’re sick, 65 or older, or have a high-risk medical condition, stay safe by staying at home or taking advantage of special hours for at-risk shoppers.
- Follow the store’s safety procedures – Hoosier businesses and organizations want to create a safe environment for their patrons. So make sure that you’re playing by the rules to keep everyone safe!
- Tip generously — remember, many of our Hoosier service workers have been at home or been working with a limited capacity. If you’re able, continue to show your generous support to our fellow working Hoosiers!
Thanks for following all of the above guidelines — we can’t wait to patronize our favorite businesses, but it’s imperative that we keep following these social distancing guidelines.
Following them will help keep Hoosiers safe, our businesses open, and our state thriving.
-Your Holcomb Crew