We’re fired up.
The Indy 500 is finally here this weekend, and we couldn’t be more excited to watch the Greatest Spectacle in Racing. Back Home Again in Indiana, the cold bottle of milk on victory lane — the traditions are too many to count.
We won’t be able to crowd Indianapolis Motor Speedway this year, but we had our crew come up with a list of things we can do to celebrate race day.
- Host a socially distanced tailgate in your backyard – Having an at-home tailgate is the next best thing to the party in the infield. Invite some family and friends over for a cookout!
- Watch it on TV – The good news about this year’s Indy 500? There’s no blackout! You’ll be able to watch all the excitement from your couch.
- Watch this classic clip of the late Jim Nabors singing Back Home Again in Indiana – This is one of our favorite traditions of all time, and race day wouldn’t be the same without the annual performance of this Indiana classic.
- Pick the driver you’ll cheer for – It’s always more fun when you have some skin in the game. Pick a driver, and yell until your voice is gone!
- Wear patriotic clothes – It’s not the traditional Memorial Day weekend, but there’s perhaps no better time to don your red, white, and blue than for race day!
- Enjoy your favorite adult beverages responsibly – There’s nothing like sipping on a cold one while watching the Indy 500! We recommend grabbing something from an Indiana brewery, winery, or distillery. Remember you can now buy on race day (Thank you, Gov. Holcomb!)
- Fly the checkered flag – There’s nothing as exciting as the checkered flag waving at the end of the race. So get your checkered flag out at home and recreate the moment.
Thank you for reading. This is a message about all Hoosiers, for all Hoosiers.
-Your Holcomb Crew