Keeping Hoosiers healthy will require every single one of us to be all-in.
We need to do this together — as Hoosiers.
Eric is all in. That’s why he continues to update us daily and explain why we all need to hunker down at home. And that’s why he’s been working around the clock, doing everything in his power to help those affected by this pandemic that at the same time is global…and local.
But Eric can’t do it alone. We need your help. So, for this week’s One Indiana, we compiled a list of ways that you can help your community. Check out our list below and please help your community through this crisis in any way that you can.
- Donate blood – our medical professionals desperately need your help to fight back against COVID-19. and donating blood is a great way to help address an immediate need. Find out where you can give using this link: https://www.redcrossblood.org/give
- Order take out – help support local restaurants by ordering your favorite takeout dish!
- Social distance – please follow the guidelines issued by the CDC. This is a crucial part of containing the disease and ‘flattening the curve.’
- Stay home – only go out if you need to exercise, walk your pet, get groceries, go to a pharmacy, or get medical attention.
- Wash your hands – you’ve heard this one before, but it’s extremely important to regularly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Buy gift cards – buying gift cards to local restaurants and retailers is a good way to give these businesses cash flow now, which they can use to pay employees and keep their lights on. You can use them to celebrate once their doors re-open!
- Donate to charities – food banks, homeless shelters, and other charitable organizations are the frontlines of the fight against coronavirus.
- Call your friends and family – social distancing doesn’t mean isolation. It’s more important than ever to stay close with the ones you love.
- Share reliable information from trusted sources – like the Indiana State Health Department or the CDC.
- If you or your business have or can produce medical supplies, reach out at [email protected]
- Consider making sewn face masks at home for our health care workers on the front lines – https://www.deaconess.com/How-to-make-a-Face-Mask
We all need to do our part.
If you want the latest information, please visit Indiana State Department of Health’s website.